There’s lots of great technology out there to help you take Disability Confidence further in your organisation, and below we’ve set out some ways that our products can help you get to the Employer level stage of the scheme.
|The assessment criteria
||How we can help
|Provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
||• Browsealoud can be used to increase accessibility to websites and recruitment pages.
• Text-to-speech allows users to listen to content removing barriers created by neurodiversities (dyslexia, etc.) and literacy difficulties.
• Read&Write can be used to create alternative formats (MP3) of content including forms, emails etc which can then be shared with applicants.
• Read&Write can also be used during the interviewing process for written assessments and competency based screening.
|Being flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
||• Practical, competency based assessments that require the use of a computer can be facilitated and supported with access to Read&Write.
• Read&Write licencing options permit flexible installation to machines belonging to an organisation, regardless of location.
|Proactively offering and making reasonable adjustments as required
||• Read&Write is a well-known and widely adopted reasonable adjustment.
• Flexible Read&Write licencing options allow for cost effective ways of supporting staff and making reasonable adjustments.
• Read&Write is available and widely recommended through the Access to Work scheme as a support tool for those with neurodiversities and disabilities.
|Encouraging suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident.
||• Texthelp is a Disability Confident Employer. You can read about our journey here.